Our consultative approach sets us apart from other providers. It allows us to invest time in understanding clients’ history, current business direction and future growth objectives. Each year we re-evaluate a company’s ability to take the credit and provide ongoing recommendations to improve the R&D tax credit process. Our nationwide team of dedicated R&D professionals, including CPAs, engineers, and attorneys have 305 years of collective R&D tax credit experience.
Top 10 Questions when Evaluating an R&D Provider
- How long has your firm been performing R&D tax credit studies?
- How many R&D tax credit studies has your firm completed?
- Does your firm employ degreed or professional engineers and attorneys with specific R&D tax credit experience?
- Does your firm perform R&D studies in the USA or subcontract to a third party or overseas?
- How does your provider assess their fee, fixed and based on project scope or percentage of variable benefit?
- Does your firm defend its work in the event of an audit and is it included in the fee?
- Does your firm offer a feasibility analysis conducted by a senior R&D technical professional at no cost?
- Does your firm offer a consistent team year over year to ensure familiarity of your business and the most efficient R&D tax credit study process?
- Does your firm recognize other tax incentive strategies to offer additional savings?
- Ask for references and follow up with them.
Contact a Source Advisors representative today to learn more about our industry leading R&D tax credit team and find out why business owners and tax professionals nationwide rely on Source advisors for their R&D tax credit needs.